Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Me and Mr. Monkey! (1/6/13)


Hi everybody,

Today we went to a small town at the end of a local train line, called Arashiyama (same arashi as the band). There we found this monkey park! There we so many monkeys! Saru (Japanese monkeys) are so cute and funny. There’s even a place you can feed the monkeys! Also, the ticket oba-san (auntie) was really nice and let me in for free since she said I was so cute! :)

Hello Mr. Monkey!


Today (after David finally found the store) was our first su-pa bento (supermarket lunch box, or could super lunch!). We had chahan (fried rice) and tempura (battered and fried) for just 300 yen ($3.75). That was a good deal!

It's superbentou!
So we know where the major store is, we have our train tickets, and we even have our own bike parking space next to the train station. I think we are set for school and living. See you tomorrow at Doshisha!

-Sumi

monki- pa-ku (Monkey Park!)

Are you looking at me?


How many monkeys can I see? How many monkeys looking at me?

Sarutachi (many monkeys)



No comments:

Post a Comment