Thursday, January 17, 2013

Survived First Week...Sort Of! (1/13/13)


Survived First Week (1/13/13)

Hey oh y’all,

Hisashiburi da na (It’s been a while hasn’t it?).

Gomen gomen (sorry sorry).

I’m alive! Or so I think. At least, that’s what the headache and sore legs signify right?

This past week has been pretty exhausting. We started classes, we have homework…no more lazy tourist unfortunately.

Now there’s a 10 minute bike ride followed by 30 minutes of packed trains, then several hours of lectures, then another train and another bike ride (uphill – 20 minutes), then homework. Weekends are field trips (which are fun but also exhausting).

Supposedly there’s something called culture fatigue? I guess that’s what this is.

I apologize as it looks like I will be limiting my posts. Sumi may also write a few things from time to time, but she’s also a bit busy making friends (while I’m alone in my room working). She’s really popular here in Japan – I guess it’s the mechya kawaii [slang – very cute] Japan thing.

On that note, there are other Stanford people blogging and I recommend you check them out.
Each of us has our own unique style, giving you different views of our adventures. They are also good if you'd like to keep up especially since I might not always be good with posting.

             

But talking with these guys, we all agree that keeping up a blog (especially Jacob – who’s running a video blog), is tough. Posting takes a lot of time and effort. It's fun, but unfortunately blogging is fifth on the list after enjoying Japan, sleeping, eating, and working. Sorry.

I think I’ll let Sumi take over for a while.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment