Monday, February 11, 2013

YES DAVID IS SMARTNESS (read: I can do stuff goodlyful)! (2/6/13)


Hey oh y’all,

Today is a day of VICTORY!!!!!

I CAN DO STUFF GOODLYFULLLL!!!! YEAH!!!!

So today I successfully bought my bus/train teikiken (commuter pass)! I can write my address in kanji, and read the forms, and talk to train staff, and pay correctly…and write my address in kanji…Yeah!

I mean, I only was with a couple of friends (one of which buys the exact same pass), and we only embarrassed ourselves “slightly” by making a “small” scene (much to Mariko’s amusement/exasperation), but hey we did it! I’m learning!

Then I went and bought a new computer charger – all by myself.

Then, I’ll have you know, I stubbed my toe (while watering my spice garden), and I only cried for 20 minutes.

But wait, there’s more!

Remember how I was talking about how my host younger brother is pretty much king of games? Yeah, well I beat him in a game of Othello/Reversi! What now!

I know, I know, is there really any pride to be had in beating an elementary school kid at a board game?

YEAH! You betcha! Hallow victory jya nai yo!
(jya nai means not…it is also a phrase that we obnoxious American Stanford students like to abuse as necessary – like telling off your friends with a loud-so-that-everyone-in-the-museum-can-hear tomodachi jya nai)

But anyways! Point for me, I rest my case!

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment