Monday, April 15, 2013

Let's Start Round 2! (3/27/13)


Hey oh y’all,

So I’m slowly but surely catching up – it’s about time to start our 2nd quarter here!

Thank you all for bearing with me! And thank you for continuing to support me too!

So first return home for a quick break – and to explain to my host family what I was doing and where I disappeared off to (they lol’d when I explained I was planning my side trips around AKB locations without actually going to see them – Akihabara, Tokyo; Namba, Osaka; Sakae, Nagoya; and up next is Hakata, Fukuoka home of HKT48).

Then back to the Co-op Inn to meet the new group.

Except the new group all ended up flying in late that night. Oh well. Got to hang out in the city with Garrett.

We ate ramen and karaage, walked around the sketchy parts of town (it’s like a block of bars…Kyoto is a city of expensive history…Shinjuku is is not), and then watched Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (one of the greatest anime series ever written).

Tomorrow starts orientation. Not much on my end, but I’ve got to be here to ensure everyone that you can in fact survive in Japan lol (even if you almost go out of your way to be a useless gaijin like me).

-DC

No comments:

Post a Comment