Monday, December 24, 2012

Greetings from Japan (12/24/12) Also, Merry Christmas!


Hey oh y’all,

Greetings from Japan!

I have finally (and this time intentionally) arrived in Tokyo!

So here’s the gameplan for the next 9 months: For the first week, I will be in Tokyo, hanging out with a bunch of ALC friends. Then, next week, I will travel down to the south of Japan to an area called Wakayama. It's a beautiful rural area south of Kyoto. This past summer, thanks to the Wakayama International Exchange Association and the Los Angeles Wakayama Kenjinkai, I was able to explore the area of my great-grandfather’s birthplace. I was able to stay with an awesome host family, who I will join for New Year’s. Finally, starting in January, I will begin my study abroad in Kyoto (Doshisha University), where I will be joined by both ALC participants and Stanford friends (and in the spring, a few ALC coordinators will come too). Then in the summer, I will put my can-an-American-tourist-survive-in-Asia skills to the test during a summer internship (likely Kyoto/Osaka area).

Let’s have a great 9 months! Gambarimashou!

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays!

-DC


Hi everybody,

Konnichiwa! Nihon ni iru yo!
Hello! I’m in Japan!

Now starts our long (9 Months!) in Japan! Please stay tuned for more adventures!

Happy Holidays! Merry Christmas!

-Sumi

No comments:

Post a Comment