Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas from Japan! (12/25/12)


Hi Everybody,

Merry Christmas from Japan!
I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season!

So we picked a great time to come to Japan! Like much of the world, it is the winter holiday season! And here, Christmas is a major holiday! Yay!

KFC (the busiest day of the year)
So although it’s very cold here, I am having so much fun! Last night (Christmas Eve) we ate KFC and Christmas cake! KFC is apparently a Christmas tradition here. But it doesn’t taste like American KFC. Here it’s a lot less salty, and the skin is a lot less crunchy. But it’s ok. It’s not what you eat, it’s who you eat it with right?

Then another Christmas tradition here is to go to Disneyland! Today we went to Disney TokyoSea! It’s a unique park designed to be a combination of many different world sea ports (Mediterranean, American, Futuristic, etc.). They also have Aladdin and Little Mermaid worlds!

Today I met Duffy the Disney Bear! He’s cute and very popular here in Japan! I didn’t know about him much before coming to Japan. Everybody seems to be carrying a Duffy! I even got one too! So David is not only carrying a panda, but also a Duffy bear. Yay for cute bears!

We're going to Disneyland! Yay!



D-U-F-F-Y! My friend Duffy!
Cute Bears!




Curry Dinner!
Also, the food here at Tokyo Disney is better than at American Disney. We had [Indian style] curry for dinner!

Hooray for Disney!

-Sumi

Bear! And Tigers! Oh my!
I'm so cute!


Tokyo DisneySea Tower of Terror! 

No comments:

Post a Comment