Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pre-trip Thank Yous

Hi everybody!

Today I went to the Stanford University Bing Overseas Study Program office! I can't believe they have an entire office both here and in Japan dedicated solely to the students (and pandas) studying abroad from Stanford. They are so nice and helpful. You can visit their site at http://bosp.stanford.edu/


I must thank all of the staff for all of their work and planning. They have put together a program that allows me to travel for 9 months, getting school credit and work experience. They have helped with all that boring paperwork and stuff but also have been very helpful planning fun activities too! I can't wait!


I also want to thank all of my friends and family abroad in Taiwan and Japan. Hopefully you can meet them later, but they have been really helpful planning my trip. They will be graciously giving us tours and letting us stay there. 


Thank you also to my Stanford trip advisors - Adrian, Parii-nee-chan (David's "Big Sib," Pearly), Halle, and Christian. They have given a first-time long distance traveler a lot of support and advice.


Thank you to the Calica family for sponsoring for my trip! I feel so lucky to have the support of a panda-loving family (especially Melissa who is a friend to all pandas!). Thanks also to big-bro Lime-nii-chan!


<3 Melissa and Lime-nii-chan
(and Minnie Mouse, one of my favorite Disney characters)
There are so many people to thank, and I thank you all. 

And of course thank you to you who is reading this. I feel so much love from everyone! I couldn't be doing this without your support! Doumo arigatou gozaimasu!


- <3 Sumi

No comments:

Post a Comment