Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Pre-Travel Preparations

Hi Everyone,

Sumi here. 
Just some pre-trip thoughts. David is too busy with finals and stuff so I went traveling around on my own.

I went to San Francisco this past weekend! I went to the Japan Consulate office to drop off David's visa application. People seem to like filling out paperwork. But I did get to ride on an American train! It was raining outside so we couldn't really see much. So I got some time to practice my Japanese. nihongo ga muzukashii!


Who's that cutie?

I'm going to explore!
It was funny because I also saw some Taiwan travel posters. One was really pretty - there were sky lanterns like in Tangled, but these had PANDAS on them! ^o^ 
Taiwan looks to be very panda-friendly which is nice. 



Soon David and I are going to go shopping! I have a panda friend named Kenzo in Tokyo, and I am going to bring him a gift. See in Japan, it is customary to bring gifts if you visit someone's home. Perhaps we'll go to See's (See's is also nice because when you go buy a box at the store, they have free samples!).

2 more weeks!

-Sumi


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sumi:) I was kinda surprised you have a gift for me! I also have a gift(Christmas one) to u:p I'll take u to many cool sites around Tokyo. Waiting for u coming to Tokyo safely. -Kenzo

    ReplyDelete