Thursday, December 6, 2012

Pre-Travel Thank Yous (DC)

Hey oh y'all,

Sumi-chan has been telling me I should thank people. She has reminded me that my upcoming trip would not be possible without the help of a lot of people who really care about me.

First off would be thank you to my parents for their support (not the least of which is financial). They have worked a lot to support for my college experience (and a lot of seemingly frivolous stuff - like an extended vacation/study abroad).

Secondly would be the BOSP staff. Without you, I don't get to do this at all. Everything from trip planning, to paperwork, to making sure that I can get credit for this - you have already done so much.
Thank you also to my school advisors - the staff from Stanford Undergraduate Advising and Research (UAR) who have helped me plan my courses so that I can stay 2 quarters abroad, to my Pre-major advisor, Nanci, who has helped me figure out what I want to do here at Stanford (including study abroad), to the Economic Department advising staff, who again have helped me plan my major to fit 2 quarters abroad.

Thank you also to everyone who has supported me in other ways. Thank you パリー姉ちゃん、who has given me so much advice for school and for studying in Japan! Then there are the BOSP student advisors, Adrian, Halle, and Christian - thank you too for your advice!
(Also, thanks to Adam K., who convinced me to study abroad for 2 quarters and that it would be academically possible to do so!)

Thank you to the teachers in the Stanford Japanese program: they are without a doubt the best teachers on campus and have helped me really improve my Japanese language and cultural knowledge (I highly recommend you take a class with Okano-sensei, Kubo-sensei, Matsumoto-sensei, or any of the other great senseis here).

Thank you to everyone associated with VIA ALC (Volunteers in Asia, American Language and Culture Program)! They will be helping me so that I don't get hopelessly lost in Asia. Thanks to all of my friends and family in Wakayama, Japan as they will also be helping me in Japan.

I am forever grateful to everyone involved especially those who I did not name. There are so many people, and I apologize for not being able to fully recognize your support and efforts. I humbly thank you all. どうもありがとうございます。

-DC

As always, please feel free to participate by posting a comment or emailing thepandatravels@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment